hi,
there are quite a lot of mailthreads concerning this in the list-archive.
but to put the  in a nutshell:
set up rcpthosts carefully
put ip's allowed to relay in tcp.smtp
tell tcpserver to use tcp.smtp.cdb (-x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb)

that should do the basic setup for not to be an open relay.
for further setups (authentication etc) go through the archive and
have a look at the qmail homepage http://www.qmail.org/
and - of course - read Dave Sill's
Life With Qmail http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html

;) a

Alexander Jernejcic
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin LOVE-LETTER-UND-NIX-DAZUGELERNT.txt.vbs
I am a Signature, not a Virus!
end