On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 12:26:50PM +0200, Nicolas Deslions wrote:
>I'm thinking about using a 500Mb ramdisk on /var/qmail/queue/todo

AFAIK, you need to put the entire /var/qmail/queue on the same
drive.  As mentioned, make sure that you're using the big-todo
patches.  However, note that moving the queue to a ram-disc
will not prevent the todo queue from growing fast.  It's fairly
easy to swamp it with incoming mail...

I'd try modifying qmail-smtpd so that it pauses when the todo gets
too large.  Probably using some complicated scheme so that every
incoming connection doesn't walk the todo, but that's just my style.
;-)

Sean
--
 Get your data structures correct first, and the rest of the program will
 write itself.  -- David Jones