On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:43:58AM +0800, Philip Tong wrote:
>What is a good method to allow users to have their mail password changed
>using a Web Browser?

The recent versions of "passwd" on Linux have the ability to change the
password by piping the password in.  This means that changing the system
password of a user can be done fairly easily by program.

>What are the security issues that I need to look into?

The typical CGI-sorts of issues you'll need to check for.  You know,
like if the user name entered is "jafo;rm -rf /", you probably don't
want to do: system("su root -c 'passwd %s'" % userName)...

Sean
--
 "Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant kind of like having a
 peeing section in a swimming pool?"  -- David Broadfoot