hi,

        I know it's a bit OT here, but given the collective knowledge on RFC822
that gathers here, I hope someone can help me a bit. Besides, its MTA
related after all   ;)

        I'm sending mail from a perl script and I have one var (or config
setting) for the 'To:' field. This script uses Net::SMTP to deliver its
load directly into a sendmail box.

        Now if I insert 2 addresses, like '[EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]', and there's a qmail at scim.net everything's
allright. Now some hosts don't like this: I'm having problems because
relay.sion.com rejects my 'To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

        I've tried it with qmail-inject, manually feeding it with a 'To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]' and it doesn't bounce!

        Reading RFC822 (at http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc822.html)
I can see the appendix A, in the item A.1.5., it looks like it should be
valid. In fact at A.3.3. there's an example that looks very much like
mine...

        I'll find a workaround in the meantime, but, am I wrong to think its
allright to have a comma-delimited To: field?

martin