Clemens Hermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I installed qmail as described in LWQ. As I try to evaluate the logs
>with qmail analog I run into trouble because multilog does not have the
>timestamps needed by qmailanalog. Can I just replace any multilog entry
>with splogger or is this no good idea?

Splogger is no longer maintained or distributed. LWQ contains a
pointer to a utility to convert multilog's timestamps to the format
qmailanalog expects. See:

    http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#qmailanalog

>Can I create the timestamps in multilog in any way?

Not that I know of.

>Is there any information available about the log tools
>used with qmail and qmailanalog?
>Comaprison multilog/splogger etc.
>The docu provided with the package is not that much ;-)

The online documentation for daemontools is pretty complete, including
specification of the time stamp format. I haven't documented
qmailanalog in LWQ because I keep hoping that DJB will update it for
the new timestamp format or release a new qmail that will make
qmailanalog completely obsolete.

-Dave