I'm having a very serious problem.. the mail queue is full of messages
(about 31k) and local delivery is very slow if at all. I get lot of those
temporary delivery errors in the logs.

The strange this is that nobody has touched anything on the server for a
loong time and everything has worked fine before.

The strange thing is that some messages get delivered succesfully but some
does not. All permissions *are* ok. I've spent many hours trying to track
this down but I can't find what is causing it.

After some work if figured out where it barfs:

In qmail-local.c, funtion maildir_child:

 switch(substdio_copy(&ssout,&ss))
  {
   case -2: tryunlinktmp(); _exit(4);
   case -3: goto fail; <-- Here
  }

I've tried figuring out what that substdio_copy does but I'm not that
familiar with qmail and C...

Can someone please help ? This is starting to get realy ugly.
I'm using qmail-1.03+quota patch under:
SunOS free 5.7 Generic_106541-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-MP

--
Kaj-Michael Lang, Turku, Finland
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.tal.org