This question probably belongs in a fetchmail forum.  Unfortunately, my
recent attempts to subscribe to the fetchmail mailing list have ended in
failure, so you may not have any luck finding a fetchmail forum.

> I was trying to use fetchmail to retrieve messages from a pop3 account
> on a server running qmail-pop3d using tcpserver and vchkpw. It retrieved
> all the messages although I did not specify "--all" flag to fetchmail. I
> tried several time and every time fetchmail retrieves all the messages
> again and again.

Try forcing fetchmail to use message UIDLs, that is, use the "--uidl" flag.
This will enable fetchmail to keep track of what messages it has and hasn't
downloaded using a local list of message IDs.

> I tried fetchmail with another pop3 account on a server running
> sendmail/qpoper and it worked fine, only new messages was retrieved.
> Anybody knows why that happens ?

Probably because that other pop3 server allows for the "LAST" POP3 command.
"LAST" returns the number of the last message downloaded.  Ideally this
should be enough to determine which messages are new, but only after some
assumptions that aren't always correct.  The most recent POP3 RFC deprecated
the "LAST" command, and not all POP3 servers support it.

---Kris Kelley