Hello Chris

On 25-Jan-01, you wrote:

> I think this last entry requires a patched rbslmptd. You could instead
> use:
>
> -r relays.msci.memphis.edu
>
> relays.msci.memphis.edu is a mirror of relays.mail-abuse.org, but it runs
> Dan's rbldns and gives out the TXT record that rblsmtpd needs.
>
> Chris

Funny, I was just about to look at rblsmtpd later today or this evening.
Apparently the records changed from txt to ?? last August.
I was hoping that as ucspi-tcp had been overhauled and rblsmtpd is now
within it, at 0.88 this inter-operability problem had been fixed.
What is the status of this problem ?
Further, what's the   -a   option all about ?

Whilst I'm here....I noticed that most mail servers connecting have
cutomised greetings and endings during the  220, 250 and 221 responses. I
searched the docs plus Dave Sills archives but couldn't find anything on
this.

Just curious...

Regards...Martin
--
1) If you have to ask, you're not entitled to know.
2) If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked.

 == Abbott's Law