Hi,

the provided answers point to the right problem. Except for the following:

--> If your QMAIL installation comes from a package (eg. SuSE Linux)
    you have to obey the relative path of the installation.
    The common QMAIL package for SuSE Linux has a QMAIL path like
    /usr/local/var/qmail ......

--> Thus check, where the QMAIL binaries are!

cheers.
eh.

At 14:42 25.1.2001 +0100, Marcus Korte wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I got after startup of qmail (setup regarding to LWQ) many of the following
>messages in
>/var/log/qmail/current:
>2001-01-25 13:22:29.687206500 alert: cannot start: unable to read controls
>
>Does anybody know the root cause of the problem?
>
>Which files do you need to analyze this problem?
>
>Regards,
>Marcus
>
>--
>Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

|  fff        hh         http://www.fehcom.de        Dr. Erwin Hoffmann |
| ff          hh                                                        |
| ff    eee   hhhh      ccc   ooo    mm mm  mm       Wiener Weg 8       |
| fff  ee ee  hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mmm  mm  mm     50858 Koeln        |
| ff  ee eee  hh  hh  cc   oo     oo mm   mm  mm                        |
| ff  eee     hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mm   mm  mm     Tel 0221 484 4923  |
| ff   eeee   hh  hh    ccc   ooo    mm   mm  mm     Fax 0221 484 4924  |