Tracy R Reed wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:08:47PM -0600, Herbie wrote:
> > Well the simplest way is to have one machine act as the gateway for all
> > mail and create alias files to forward the mail onto the second machine. I
> > used a simple perl script from a flat file to create the .qmail alias's.
>
> I guess that could work but there is no easy automated way to manage so
> many qmail files and we already have 1760 in there already. I think I'll
> just have my qmail-queue wrapper rewrite the envelope recipient address
> and add a headerline which is basically what qmail-alias does when it
> forwards an email on somewhere else. I was just wondering if anyone came
> up with a more correct solution but it seems not.

I'd think a NFS solution would be appropriate, so the SMTP boxes and the POP
boxes can all be different boxes, that access the same user directories.  This
is the whole point of maintaining MailDir NFS-safety isn't it?

--
                      David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          "Nothing in the definition of the word `word' says that a