John R Levine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the same run command for all the log files:
>
> exec setuidgid qmaill \
>       multilog t s4000000 ./logfiles '-*' '+*status:*' =logfiles/status
>
> The status lines logged from tcpserver look like this:
>
> @400000003aa13cff07eb6d7c tcpserver: status: 2/40
>
> Any suggestions what's wrong?

'*' matches anything except the character that follows it. Since "tcpserver"
has an 's' in it, the first '*' stops at the 's' in "tcpserver." Since it
doesn't see "tatus:*" after that, the line is not logged. Try adding some
spaces:

'-*' '+* status: *'

--
Dan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://danp.net

"67MB is a reasonable size for named. Your box has 256M, so don't worry
about it." --Michael R. Wayne, on [EMAIL PROTECTED]