"Filip Salomonsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>A message is recieved for [EMAIL PROTECTED], delivered locally to
>salo-filip, which puts the message in my maildir and forwards a copy to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] The envelope sender for the forwarded message is set to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED], just as the docs say ("local" is salo-filip).
>But it makes no sense. If the delivery fails, the bounce message will be
>sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and the delivery instructions will be
>sought for in ~salo/.qmail-salo-filip-owner, which doesn't exist. Good job.
>The -owner files render themselves completely useless.

So create ~salo/.qmail-salo-filip-owner or ~salo/.qmail-salo-default.

>Also, any message sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will have "Delivered-To:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the header, which is confusing.

To whom? Delivered-To fields are there for loop detection, if users
look at them, they should understand how they work.

>In short -- qmail handles deliveries to virtual domains/users exactly the
>way the docs say (as far as I can tell). But what the docs say is just plain
>stupid.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but calling the current,
documented behavior incorrect is misleading.

-Dave