I have narrowed this to one simple item. Could someone, possibly you Gerrit
I know you have answered one way to get around this I just wanna understand
why I have to get around it, explain to me why qmail has delivered an email
to me that contains the following header:

         by mail.myweb.net with SMTP; 14 May 2001 08:59:56 -0000

I have tcpserver -DUvp wrapping smtpd for qmail.

Shouldn't tcpserver drop the connection when $TCPREMOTEIP is DNS'd to
a hostname and $TCPREMOTEHOST is DNS'd to an IP. if $TCPREMOTEIP can't
be resolved or if $TCPREMOTEHOST can't be resolved, shouldn't this cause
a FATAL in tcpserver? and it will drop the incoming connection?

 David.

On Mon, 14 May 2001 10:51:33 +0200, "Gerrit Pape" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote :

> On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 06:30:44AM -0000, David Killingsworth wrote:
> > I have been running qmail for about 8 months, It works great.
> > So far I have not been able to resolve on problem.
> > When an smtp connection comes in we only want to connect
> > with servers who have forward and reverse DNS that match.
> >
> I allready anwered your question in alt.comp.mail.qmail some days ago.
What