On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:54:30AM +0000, Walid Kassab wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I would like to modify failure notice time "queuelifetime" to be 14400 ( 4
> hours) instead of 604800 ( 7 days)
> should i just create a file named queuelifetime under /var/qmail/control
> directory and restart qmail or is there any additional processors I should
> follow

The best way to understand what to do after creating or changing a
control file is to find out which commands are affected by the control
file. To do this, have a look at the qmail-control manpage. It has a
list of every control file and which command uses it.

Once you know which command uses queuelifetime it's a simple matter of
reading the man page for that command to find out the specifics
regarding when that particular command notices the control file. In
this particular case, the man page has a whole section called, oddly
enough, "CONTROL FILES".

Regards.