Eduardo Augusto Alvarenga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If your users inject mail via SMTP from their workstations to your
> > smarthost, and you can map IP addresses to usernames, it's trivial --
> > tcpserver's tcprules files can be used to set all environment variables
> > (including DATABYTES) on a per-IP basis.
>
> I'm using dhcp. Can I use a classless rule like?
>
> 192.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DATABYTES="20000" for 2MB users and
> 193.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DATABYTES="100000" for 10MB users?

Yes, providing you can guarantee that your 2MB users will get 192. addresses,
and your 10MB users will get 193. addresses.  Also note your numbers are
wrong; you've put 20KB and 100KB limits on them, not 2MB and 10MB.

> Should I migrade to fixed IP?

Not necessarily.  Some/most DHCP servers let you do pseudo-static assignment
based on MAC address that could fit the bill nicely here.

Charles