[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>1. tcpserver -x /etc/qmqp.cdb -u 7770 -g 2108 0 628 qmail-qmqpd &
>
>I need to add this to the boot script. First I'm kinda confused. Now
>I have /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run file for smtp server, can
>I run this and qmqp server at the same time so I would have another
>file at /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-qmqpd/run

Yes. This would be on the QMQP server.

>2. Is mini-qmail a different program from qmail,

No, "mini-qmail" is a name DJB coined for qmail installations in which
qmail-queue is replaced by a symbolic link to qmail-qmqpc.

>   can they both exist.

Yes, you have multiple qmail installations on a single system, one or
more of which are "mini".

>   I want to use the mini-qmail to run huge mailing list since it
>   sends 1000 mails in 10 seconds.

All QMQP does is queue mail remotely. It doesn't deliver 1000 messages
in 10 seconds to mailboxes, it just hands them off to a QMQP server
which still has to deliver them the old-fashioned way: SMTP.

>3. How do I create a symbolic links to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail from
>   /usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail.

  rm /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail
  ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin /usr/lib

But this is UNIX 101 stuff...

>And why do I need to do this??

Because "sendmail" is a de facto API used for injecting messages. If
you don't replace it with a link to the qmail "sendmail", you'll be
delivering messages using sendmail.

>The way I see it, the only files that are missing is
>/var/qmail/control/qmqpservers - is this ip address of my server
>/var/qmail/control/idhost

It's a list of the IP address(es) of one or more *remote* QMQP servers.

>I'm still confused. Is setting up mini-qmail like setting it up in
>different machine that doesn't have qmail installed or can I set up
>qmail and mini-qmail in the same machine.

Mini-qmail is typically used on small end-user workstations that don't
want to maintain a queue and run the long-lived qmail daemons.

>by me setting up qmqp server do I need to deactivate smtp server.

No.

-Dave