Title: RE: SMTP doesn't respond

I'm not very familiar with tcpserver options. I tried adding the -R and -H as a suggestion from somebody else. As per your e-mail, I tried switching -p to -P (which as I understand, is NON-paranoid mode) and it didn't help. I also removed the -p option altogether, it didn't help either.

Anyone have further suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Jernejcic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 14:27
To: Mark Douglas; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: SMTP doesn't respond

hi,
Mark Douglas wrote:

>    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c
"$MAXSMTPD" \

there is some mixture in the options i am not able to understand:
with -H and -R you are telling tcpserver not to optain TCPREMOTE and
to do no reverse lookup. on the other hand you tell it to be paranoid -p
and check up ip and hostname.
i am confused about that, maybe tcpserver too?

hope that helps
alexander