"Jack McKinney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> nice to be able to specify it on the command line, that way I can run
> multiple versions in order to generate, for example, a 15m warning, a 4h
> warning, and a 3d warning.
>     Before I get too far into proving a race condition and writing around
> this, has this issue come up before?

There is an (earlier) alternate implementation in Perl called
'qmail_bounce'. I used it for years without problems (after some small
changes to notify only senders from our domains).

On qmail.org:

* Brian T. Wightman has written a delayed-mail notifier.
* Another delayed-mail notifier is available from Matt Ranney.

I use the one from Brian.

Regards, Frank