On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Henning Brauer wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:41:30AM -0500, mick wrote:
> > Is there, or is there going to be, support for shadow password systems?
>
> What do you mean by "shadow password support"? Authentification for pop3 et
> al? This works.
>
> --
> * Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
> * Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *
> Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
> (Dennis Ritchie)

Interesting. Not on my system. Here is how I start pop3:

/sbin/tcpserver -c 200 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup cheech.mtco.com
/bin/chechpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Mailbox &

Right out of the howto's and readme's, no mention of shadow passwords. So
I assumed it wasn't supported.

Mick Dobra
Systems Administrator
MTCO Communications