Hello,

I installed qmail by following LWQ to the very letter,
and sendmail is disabled. However, on a new server
(getting prepared but not serving web pages or sending
or more than 20 emails a day yet) having dual p3 800
and 1 gig ram, I get the following load average:

*************VIA TOP******************

0.94, 0.86, 0.69
60 processes: 58 sleeping, 1 running, 1 zombie, 0
stopped

CPU states: 20.6% user, 20.4% system,  0.0% nice,
58.8% idle
Mem:   899660K av,  176784K used,  722876K free,

**************************************

The line "23359 root      20   0   324  324   264 R
   0  5.1  0.0  65:51 supervise" seems to suggest
something called supervise is taking up most of the
cpu (5.1%)?

Anyway, if I shutdown qmail by doing a "qmailctl
stop,"
the load average drops to 0.03 within 60 seconds. The
CPU idle time increases to 99.8%.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I will admit that I
am an absolute newbie at qmail and linux so any help
is appreciated.

This is what I found on every line in
/var/log/qmail/smtpd/current:
"@400000003b2c94571738f434 tcpserver: status: 0/20"
which I guess is fairly normal.

However, in /var/log/qmail/POP3D/current:
I get "@400000003b303b311450ef74 tcpserver: fatal:
unable to bind: address already used"
on every line.

Please note that this line was also reported by
YOON, Joo-Yung with his error occuring in
smtpd/current and mine happening in pop3d/current...

I think this is probably the cause for the high cpu
load from qmail. Can anyone give me a pointer on how I
can fix this? I'll admit that I am a complete newbie
to linux and qmail, so any help and/or detailed
instructions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]