> Which patch is this?  Give us an URL, or post just the Makefile part of
> the patch.
>
> You can probably get around this by patching it by hand if you have to.

It's the QMAILQUEUE patch from www.qmail.org
(http://www.qmail.org/qmailqueue-patch).
I've pasted Makefile.rej below.

Yeah, I could do it manually but I'm curious as to why it fails. Although my
c-coding and Makefile skills has dimished significantly since my university
days I think that all i have to do is to add env.a after auto_split.o in one
the lines marked with the +, right?

Lars

Makefile.rej:
***************
*** 1483,1494 ****
  trigger.o fmtqfn.o quote.o now.o readsubdir.o qmail.o date822fmt.o \
  datetime.a case.a ndelay.a getln.a wait.a seek.a fd.a sig.a open.a \
  lock.a stralloc.a alloc.a substdio.a error.a str.a fs.a auto_qmail.o \
- auto_split.o
         ./load qmail-send qsutil.o control.o constmap.o newfield.o \
         prioq.o trigger.o fmtqfn.o quote.o now.o readsubdir.o \
         qmail.o date822fmt.o datetime.a case.a ndelay.a getln.a \
         wait.a seek.a fd.a sig.a open.a lock.a stralloc.a alloc.a \
-        substdio.a error.a str.a fs.a auto_qmail.o auto_split.o

  qmail-send.0: \
  qmail-send.8
--- 1483,1494 ----
  trigger.o fmtqfn.o quote.o now.o readsubdir.o qmail.o date822fmt.o \
  datetime.a case.a ndelay.a getln.a wait.a seek.a fd.a sig.a open.a \
  lock.a stralloc.a alloc.a substdio.a error.a str.a fs.a auto_qmail.o \
+ auto_split.o env.a
         ./load qmail-send qsutil.o control.o constmap.o newfield.o \
         prioq.o trigger.o fmtqfn.o quote.o now.o readsubdir.o \
         qmail.o date822fmt.o datetime.a case.a ndelay.a getln.a \
         wait.a seek.a fd.a sig.a open.a lock.a stralloc.a alloc.a \
+        substdio.a error.a str.a fs.a auto_qmail.o auto_split.o env.a

  qmail-send.0: \
  qmail-send.8