Hi there,

Firstly, sorry for a long mail.
I have sent 30,000 mails to different domains like yahoo, hotmail, rediff etc...
Before mentioning the problem the configuration that I have used in qmail is as follows:-
qmail config
--------------
1.) Two qmails running at /var/qmail and /var/qmail1 with silent concurrency limit to 200 for both

        The parameters below are the same in qmail-control of /var/qmail and /var/qmail1
2.) concurrencyremote = 150
3.) queuelifetime = 78400
4.) timeoutremote = 180
5.) timeoutsmtpd = 180

and all the others are default parameters.

I have sent 30,000 mails, using qmail-inject of both qmail directories on rotation. All the 30,000 mails were put in queue with in 7 minutes and qmail-remote was also running parallelly to send mails.

Now, as in the parameter concurrencyremote totally 300 ( 150 from /var/qmail and 150 from /var/qmail1 ) qmail-remote processes have started sending mails. But, here cropped up the problem.

Whenever a qmail-remote tries to send a mail to hotmail.com..... it hangs for sometime. As I had 8000 out of 30,000 mails as hotmail ID's the number of occurrence's of hotmail were more. So, the 300 qmail-remote processes were just hanging, trying to send those mails. So, whenever one process time-out , it gives way for other mail's to be sent.

SO, Due to this it took nearly 24 HOURS to SEND all the mails.
I feel sending 30,000 mails would have finished in less that 20 minutes if this situation is avoided !!!!!!!!

Was I wrong at any config ?????
how can we avoid these situations ???????
Is there any way that qmail-remote can implicitly drop sending these for some time ??????
BTW what is this silent concurrency limit different to concurrency remote ???????

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh,
tech solutions,
[EMAIL PROTECTED],