Title: Large queue and iowait

I'm having some problems with my qmail server. It seems to be taking an abnormally large amount of time to do queue processing. A recent mailing list send of 250k e-mail's to the server had it stuck in queue processing with iowait at 80-100% the entire time, for over 36 hours. I assume this is not a "normal" timeframe for processing that amount of e-mail.

The setup is as follows:

Sun Netra t1 - 450mhz ultrasparcII processor
1024MB of memory, 1.5GB of swap
18GB SCSI disk.
Solaris 8
qmail 1.03 with DNS and big-concurrency patch

If any other information is pertinent, please let me know and I'll provide it. Any insight into what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
--
s/root/Mark