Martin Edlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       I have a maillist running on one server (majordomo/sendmail)
>       and a domain mailbox for domain.com on another server
>       (qmail). There are three addresses from domain.com subscribed
>       to the list (eg. [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]). When someone posts an e-mail to the list,
>       sendmail sends it to the qmail with all three recipients
>       specified in one mail. What qmail does is that it delivers the
>       mail to the domain mailbox three times.
>       Of course I'd like to have it only once there. Is there any
>       chance that local delivery will work as expected?

One of the beauties of qmail is that it does what you tell it to do:
no more, no less. If you send a message to three recipients that share
a mailbox, of course qmail will deliver three copies that differ only
in the Delivered-To header field.

If you want to accept only one copy, you can put a duplicate filter on
the mailbox, e.g. using Russ Nelson's eliminate-dups script
(http://www.qmail.org/eliminate-dups) or a procmail recipe like:

  # Use a 10Kb cache of Message IDs received to avoid duplicate messages
  :0 Whc: .msgid.lock
  | formail -D 10240 .msgid.cache

  # Save probable duplicates for inspection
  :0 a:
  spool/dupes

-Dave