On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:33:23PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Peter Marenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > And finally, if [EMAIL PROTECTED] send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] the
> > mail should again be at first routed through FW B to the internet and
> > then transfered through FW C to the private mailserver of VPN C (which
> > is actually the same server as the private server of VPN B).
> This is the problem.  I don't think there's an easy way to do this.

You are missing the obvious solution: use two qmail instances on this box.
The first one is used for receiving all mails from external and has the
domains in locals/virtualhosts and locals. The second one only has its own
hostname in locals and rcpthosts and is _only_ used to relay messages from
own clients/customers/whatever to the world. The world could include the
secoand qmail instance on this box.

I'm doing similar things, though for totally different reasons: I seperate
customer relaying and MX. Different queues, different settings (databytes
for example; SMTP AUTH offering and so on), and a hacked qmail-ldap cluster
support to prevent in-cluster deliveries inside one box (but delivering
directly to the maildirs instead).

--
* Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *