Hello right now I start qmail with "csh -cf '/var/qmail/rc &' 1> /dev/null"
and "tcpserver -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u1003 -g102 0 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &"

this is what I have in my /etc/inittab file:
qm:123456:respawn:/usr/local/bin/tcpserver  -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u1003
 -g102 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

It works great but every now and then I get the dreaded spawning too fast
wait blah blah blah.

I was just curious if maybe my entry was wrong or if maybe their was a
simplier way to set it up.

And before you say it yes I know about LWQ and it's a great concept I just
like things simple and neat  =).

thanks for any information that might help, Mike