On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Tom Collins wrote:

> Looking at auth.c, we find:
>
>      if ( strcmp(Username,"postmaster")==0 ) {
>        AdminType = DOMAIN_ADMIN;
>      } else if ( vpw->pw_gid & QA_ADMIN ) {
>        AdminType = DOMAIN_ADMIN;
>      } else {
>        AdminType = USER_ADMIN;
>      }
>
> So, if the account name is "postmaster", it's automatically a domain
> admin.  If the QA_ADMIN flag is set in the gid (group id) field of the
> user's account, then they're also an admin.

Interesting.  I'm trying to find a way to give users admin rights on their
own domain... within limits.  For example, by default abuse@ and
postmaster@ get forwards to the main abuse and postmaster accounts.
Additonally, I'd like to let the support people have the postmaster login
info so they can fix things when users break them.  My only problem is
finding a way to disallow their admin account from changing the postmaster
password.  I guess I'll call that a 1.2.x request, as it looks like it
would be a good deal of work to add another level of user.

Thanks,

Charles