On Jan 14, 2004, at 11:22 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Usually my experience with the vpopmail/qmailadmin software is quick and
painless. Unfortunately I promised a customer I'd be up and running yesturday
for them. Any help is certainly appreciated!

Does your /etc/fstab have a "nosuid" option on the /www partition?

I'd like to add some code to qmailadmin that will report a warning if it's not running as the vpopmail user/group. This should help with debugging some problems like this one.

For now, compile and test this simple program:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

int main() {
        uid_t   uid, euid;

printf ("Content-Type: text/html\n\n");

        uid = getuid();
        euid = geteuid();
        printf ("<P>UID: %lu<BR>effective UID: %lu</P>\n",
                (unsigned long) uid, (unsigned long) euid);

        return 0;
}

Save it as permtest.c, then type `gcc -o permtest permtest.c` to compile it.

chown vpopmail.vchkpw permtest
chmod 6755 permtest

Now, go to /cgi-bin/permtest with a web browser and see what it reports. The Effective UID should match the vpopmail UID.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]