On Feb 4, 2004, at 8:02 AM, Jeff Koch wrote:
In your 1.2.1 qmailadmin release will you be providing mysql support for all non-email addresses in a vpopmail domain folder including those put there by qmailadmin's autoresponder and mailinglist functions and email catch-all's or only alias/forwards.

My reason for asking the question is that if such an integrated approach were possible then the chkuser.mysql patch accessing a central mysql database would be a powerful tool to use on mail gateways.

With the current software, ezmlm list aliases are still stored as .qmail files. The primary reason for doing this is that we count on ezmlm-make to manage those files when creating and modifying the list.

Additionally, the current valias/mysql implementation doesn't keep the valias table entries in any specified order. This is something I'd like to fix (easily implemented by an auto-incrementing index) at some point. With that in place, it might be possible to do the following:

1) Convert existing MySQL valias entries to .qmail files.
2) Run ezmlm-make.
3) Convert the .qmail files back to MySQL valias entries.

I agree that keeping all addresses in MySQL would be a great improvement, but we're not quite there yet.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Info on the Sniffter handheld Network Tester: http://sniffter.com/