Catherine Mekondo wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any plans to add a
x86-64 target or what I'd need to do to configure to
add my own target. I'm running it on SUSE 8.2
(x86_64).  Thanks.

Interesting. I use SuSE 8.2 also. What processor are you running on? Mine is either a 266MHz Pentium, or somewhere around a 400MHz Pentium II. No problems with either one. Configure chooses i686-pc-linux-gnu build system and host type.

I would guess that the gnu build system would be the area to research in trying to find/get a build system for x86_64. That and making sure it is not a matter of the wrong thing being chosen.

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/html_chapter/autoconf.html#SEC_Top

Wish I knew more...

Rick