On Oct 26, 2005, at 10:59 AM, David Sperling wrote:
1. Is it safe to run make, make install in the autorespond2.0.2 directory? Will compiling and installing autorespond cause any problems with my current qmail, qmail-admin install? The make file looks pretty harmless, but I've got 100 domains on this machine.
Better be safe and ask than be sorry.

Autorespond is a separate program from vpopmail and qmailadmin. Recompiling and reinstalling will have no effect on your existing users. Future autoresponses will be sent with the new binary you install, so you should test an autoresponder after installing the new binary.

2. The changes to the ja language file didn't show up in the qmail admin web pages. Do I have to compile something to get the changes in the language files to show up?

I don't think you'll see any change on the QmailAdmin pages. It looks like the nkf program just changes from "euc-jp" charset to "iso-2022-jp". If that charset is more common, it would make sense for us to update the QmailAdmin distribution to use the updated ja file.

To confirm the change, you'd have to make a manual connection to your web server and check the HTTP headers for the Content-Type header.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You don't need a laptop to troubleshoot high-speed Internet: sniffter.com