On Feb 1, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Ken Jones wrote:
Is there any code around (or interst) in allowing
mailing list owners to have access to the mailing
list administration features for their lists?

I'm moving a email server to qmail and their old
system allows for this. It seems like a useful feature
to have in qmailadmin.

Any comments?

It would be very useful, and something I'd like to see added. The list owner would have to be an account in the same domain, as that's the only easy way to authenticate the user and allow access to the list. I'll try to get QmailAdmin 1.2.10 released so you can base your work on that.

Here's the SourceForge tracker item for this feature request (from August 2003): http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=791585&group_id=6691&atid=356691

And some of my notes from that item:

If we add this, it should be optional. Some ISPs might not want to allow list owners to modify list settings. Maybe it could be tiered -- list owner:

1) has no admin access
2) can modify the list of subscribers and/or moderators, but not change the list options.
3) has full access to modify list settings

Additionally, moderators should have access to the add/show/delete subscriber options on the mailing list page.

Tom Collins
Tom Logic LLC
PO Box 5717
Napa, CA 94581