Well, I guess I missed incrementing the version number to 1.2.14.  As you can
see, not much has been happening with QmailAdmin in the past year.  There was a
tracker item related to the error in command.c, so I figured I should actually
release the 1.2.14 sitting on my server.

I'm still using CVS for managing QmailAdmin, and will gladly pass the torch to
Rick and Matt.  Comments below...

-Tom

On Mar 26, 2010, at 5:34 PM, Rick Widmer wrote:
> Have you updated SVN?   I'm not seeing any mention of .14 yet.
>
> Am I missing developer access to svn somewhere?  I am still having a hard
> time finding my way around the new SourceForge web site...

I checked the code into CVS.  Was there a migration to SVN that I didn't know
about?  Why is CVS still active then?

> o 1.2.14 needs to be committed into stable-1_2 branch,
>  and a tag created.

I thought that I had done this.  I see now that I only checked it in to the old
CVS repository.  Rick, if you download the tarball, you should be able to get
the updated files and create a 1.2.14 in Subversion.

> o All references to qmailadmin 1.4 should be changed
>  to 1.3, including the name of the branch.
>
> o stable-1_2 and v1_3_0 should be merged into trunk.
>  Set the version to 1.3.0, create a tag and release
>  as the latest development version.
>
> o Add a note on the download page of sourceforge that
>  the big green download button is the stable release
>  and works with vpopmail 5.4, for vpopmail 5.5 use
>  version 1.3 from qmailadmin-devel.

That all sounds good to me.

> In the future we should:
>
> o New development in trunk.  Vpopmail 5.5 is required.
>
> o Bug fixes only in stable-1_2 and merged into trunk.
>  This version always works with vpopmail 5.4.
>
> o When vpopmail 5.5 becomes stable, move qmailadmin 1.3 to stable.
>
> o Abandon or remove v1_3_0 branch.

I like that as well.

I'll make one additional request -- release an updated Vpopmail 5.4 to address
the vusaged issues people report (I think there's a missing file in the install
process?) so that we have a truly stable Vpopmail 5.4/QmailAdmin 1.2 for people
to use.

-Tom
!DSPAM:4bae1de932711522423885!