Good Day,
I recently had a customer ask me about setting up trailers on his
mailing lists.  After a day of trial and error and searching for the
missing piece of my puzzle, I am finally at the conclusion that I should
ask.
It appears that the problem is that the contents of the text directory
are not being populated when the "edit text files" for remote
administration setting is enabled.
In my investigation, I have come to understand that the settings for
allowing remote administration and editing of text files by moderators
must be enabled in order to enable trailers.  so I have set up a
testlist with those settings enabled, however, the setting for including
the trailer will not stay on, and sending a message to edit the file
returns a message saying the file doesn't exist.
On the server, when I enable the remote administration and the editing
files settings, a text directory is created in the domain's directory in
vpopmail, however it is empty.
I have been able to work around the problem by copying the contents of
the text directory from the main ezmlm config (stored
in /etc/ezmlm/default/text on my system) into the newly created text
directory and setting the appropriate permissions on those files.
Now that I have the files existing where qmailadmin apparently wants to
see them, I can send the mail commands that modify the trailer, and the
include a trailer option will stay enabled in the qmailadmin gui.
This work around is okay for stuff I am doing, but it will basically
mean that a customer cannot modify this stuff on his own without me
copying those files on the server.  Not that I mind, but life would be
better if it wasn't required.
I have searched the help files, I have searched google, I have tried
various combinations of settings, and I have searched the configure
script for building qmailadmin for some clue as to how to make this work
without my manual copying technique.  If such a document exists that
explains what I am missing, I cannot find it.  I would greatly
appreciated it if someone could point me at my missing piece to the
puzzle...

Bob Miller
334-7117/660-5315
http://computerisms.ca