Hi everyone!

Sorry to post this again, I feared that since it was my first posting to the list that it may have been ignored or discarded by the mail manager.  Also, I still desperately need an answer.

I (still) want to log qmail-smtpd and qmail-send to BOTH splogger and multilog. Does anyone know how this might be accomplished?

Currently, I'm logging only to splogger, as my organization requires that mail logs be collected in a central logging server, but this has caused qmailmrtg to stop collecting statistics.  I modified the installation file   /var/qmail/supervise/send/log/run    to look like this:

#!/bin/sh

exec /usr/bin/setuidgid qmaill /var/qmail/bin/splogger qmail-send 2>&1

I have attempted to "trick" the logging supervisory script by adding the old standbys  |  or  &&  then adding the standard multilog script commands, but it didn't work.  The modified script was:

#!/bin/sh

LOGSIZE=`cat /var/qmail/control/logsize` LOGCOUNT=`cat /var/qmail/control/logcount` exec /usr/bin/setuidgid qmaill /var/qmail/bin/splogger qmail-send 2>&1 && exec /usr/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/bin/multilog t s$LOGSIZE n$LOGCOUNT /var/log/qmail/send 2>&1

I have also tried reversing the order of execution of the logging routines, putting multilog before splogger.  This, also, did not result in the desired functionality.

Has anyone accomplished this without hacking the sourcecode and recompiling (defeating the purpose of a "toaster")?  If so, please tell me what you did.

Thank you.

--

Joseph Lundgren

Systems Administrator