I installed vpopmail-toaster and friends on a server that was originally
running rph version (was available at rpmhelp.net which is now defunct).

Originally, I was running with --enable-many-domains so that I would
only have the one large vpopmail table rather than many smaller tables.

So, I edited the spec file for vpopmail to change these settings.

Now, it seems like vchkpw is having some issues with not finding some of
the domains. Just looking for someone who might have come across this
before.

Trying to send to sysadmininc.com which is one of the virtual domains...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/qmail/control]# grep sysadmin *
rcpthosts:sysadmininc.com
virtualdomains:sysadmininc.com:sysadmininc.com

mysql> select pw_name, pw_dir from vpopmail where
pw_domain='sysadmininc.com';
+------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| pw_name    | pw_dir                                            |
+------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| betsey     | /home/vpopmail/domains/sysadmininc.com/betsey     |
| nigel      | /home/vpopmail/domains/sysadmininc.com/nigel      |
| postmaster | /home/vpopmail/domains/sysadmininc.com/postmaster |
| test       | /home/vpopmail/domains/sysadmininc.com/test       |
+------------+---------------------------------------------------+

If I send mail to that domain then the logfile from
/var/www/qmail/smtp/current looks like this:

@40000000437d934522ada1d4 tcpserver: status: 1/100
@40000000437d934522adb174 tcpserver: pid 10431 from xx.0.29.xx
@40000000437d934522adb55c tcpserver: ok 10431
cartman.wehostmuds.com:xx.56.190.xx:25 :xx.0.29.xx::42047
@40000000437d93452a99b93c CHKUSER accepted rcpt: from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote <nelgin.nu:unknown:xx.0.29.xx> rcpt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : found existing recipient
@40000000437d93452d9e5e1c tcpserver: end 10431 status 0
@40000000437d93452d9e69d4 tcpserver: status: 0/100

So, everything is fine ([antispam] added for usual reasons).

Now, I'll do the same thing for another virtual domain.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/qmail/control]# grep ^british-expats.com *
rcpthosts:british-expats.com
virtualdomains:british-expats.com:british-expats.com

mysql> select pw_name,pw_dir from vpopmail where
pw_domain='british-expats.com';
+------------------+------------------------------------------------------+
| pw_name          | pw_dir                                               |
+------------------+------------------------------------------------------+
| nigelreed        | /home/vpopmail/domains/british-expats.com/nigelreed  |
| postmaster       | /home/vpopmail/domains/british-expats.com/postmaster |
| tester           | /home/vpopmail/domains/british-expats.com/tester     |
+------------------+------------------------------------------------------+

But I get the following error about not being able to find a table

@40000000437d948606406914 tcpserver: status: 1/100
@40000000437d9486064078b4 tcpserver: pid 10488 from xx.0.29.xx
@40000000437d948606407c9c tcpserver: ok 10488
cartman.wehostmuds.com:xx.56.190.xx:25 :xx.0.29.xx::54176
@40000000437d94860ed18a7c vmysql: sql error[3]: Table
'vpopmail.british_expats_com' doesn't exist
@40000000437d94860ed19a1c CHKUSER rejected rcpt: from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]::>
remote <nelgin.nu:unknown:xx.0.29.xx> rcpt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> : not existing
recipient
@40000000437d94870f9ff63c tcpserver: end 10488 status 0
@40000000437d94870fa005dc tcpserver: status: 0/100

And I receive the following bounce...

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
xx.56.190.xx does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 511 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1 - chkuser)
Giving up on xx.56.190.xx.

Just to prove I don't table a table for sysadmin, here's the list of
tables.

mysql> show tables;
+--------------------+
| Tables_in_vpopmail |
+--------------------+
| dir_control        |
| lastauth           |
| limits             |
| relay              |
| valias             |
| vlog               |
| vpopmail           |

So, if someone can see the obvious thing I've missed, I'd appreciate any
ideas and suggestions. Finally, I did recompile courier-imap-toaster
against the vpopmail-toaster libs, FWIW.

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com  - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.