From: Jake Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 December 2005 20:04
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Error runing mysql setup script.

Mark Piekos wrote:

>started running and ran for about 5 mins but then failed with a series of
>errors:  latest to earlier they go:
>error: file not found by glob: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/simscan-toaster*.rpm
>
>error: failed build dependencies:
>               qmail-toaster >=1.03-1.2.4 is needed by
> simscan-toaster-1.1-1.2.6.i386
>
>Preceded by several warnings that groups/users do not exist - using root.
>(groups/users are qmail/qmaill)
>
>I had put the packages, previously download, in /usr/src and was runing the
>script from there.  (Should they have been somwhere else?)

Something didn't install right somewhere. I had a problem with evolution
being installed before - it uses the same uid/gid as the qmail users do.
Try:
userdel evolution
and then try the install script again. If all else fails, write down the
order the packages have to be installed in from the
current-install-script and do them manually from the command line. At
least that way you'll be able to see if anything doesn't install right.
You can send me a private email if you need more help, also. I'm getting
ready to head over to another office, but I'll check my email again this
evening.