I think all that is necessary is Provides: sendmail-command added to
the qmail-toaster spec file.

Nigel, I think the problem is that the sendmail command shipped with
qmail is not 100% compatible with the real sendmail command. The way
things currently work, you get warned when a package relies on real
sendmail, want to proceed anyways then just put '--nodeps' during the
rpm installation.