Eric

Thanks for your input. I don't exactly remember if clam was already installed or not, but if it was, it must have been from the Centos 4.0 CD. Idealistically, that should not be a wrong installation, but one never knows.

I'll try on a fresh server I need to install tommorrow, rather than trying to correct a botched install and make sure none of the softwares & sendmail are not installed.

If sucessful, will try to correct this install and revert with status and queries, if any.

Thanks once again.

With best regards.
Sanjay.