I have found a fix that appears to be working.  The main portion
of maildrop (the version qmail-toaster uses) is an older version.
I did not want to get into debugging maildrop, i.e. as it turns out,
The bug was not in deliverquota, but actually if filter.C, which is
the code for the 'xfilter' portion of maildrop.  It appears xfilter,
in the package of 'maildrop-toaster-1.8.1' is lacking in efficiency
or a bug.  I did not want to get into debugging the select code.
So, the following fix seems to work....:

In the file '/etc/mail/mailfilter' instead of using 'xfilter
"/usr/bin/deliverquota....', I changed those lines to 'cc
"|/usr/bin/deliverquota....'.  It seems to have worked.  I have
successfully let through to fairly large files successfully and
the emails quit being stuck in the queue.  It appears what is
happening, is the xfilter call is too slow to process 'deliverquota'
properly, so it times out prematurely, never completes, resulting
in the message being left in the queue, and as soon as qmail-send
is re-awakened, it tries to send it again and again, but the old
way it would simply timeout, and keep redelivering the same mail
with only portions of the file.  I tried this for the following
reasons:

1) running deliverquota by itself with a valid message did not have
any problems and was fast enough.
2) I really do not know in this instance whether the pipe/select method
that is used is necessary here anyway, because maildrop is never
directly connected to an active network socket (which in my experience,
is basically where the select works best as a low level control). The
email has already arrived in it's entirety on the server, so the
change to 'cc "|/usr/bin/deliverquota..." will work just fine.

I don't really think this is a long term fix, as it appears filter.C
needs to be looked into, if it slows the process down so much it
basically times out.  It does appear that this fix does work.

If anyone having the same problem decides to try the same thing,
please advise on your outcome as well.  I actually changed every
call to deliverquota in /etc/mailfilter to a 'cc
"|/usr/bin/deliverquota..." '...

--
Mark Martin, Operations
Frontier Broadband, LLC.