This really depends on what you are doing.

For example, Squirrelmail is not required if you're not running a
webmail. The djbdns package is not required if you run a caching
nameserver in bind. The maildrop is not required if you don't plan to
ever use any filtering. The courier-imap-toaster is not necessary if
you're not using imap & filtering (since maildrop requires courier to
compile). The ezmlm-toaster package is not required if you aren't
going to run any mailing lists. You don't need qmailadmin if you don't
want to give people a web interface to modify their accts. You don't
need simscan (and helper packages like spamassassin-toaster,
clamav-toaster, ripmime-toaster) if you do not want to scan mail for
viruses and spam.

In general I recommend that the QmailToaster be installed in it's entirety.

Erik