I know this won't really 'help', in that it won't just give you the
answer. I do not know how or why this worked on my machine. But my
server is an FC5 installation with Gnome desktop running. I ran the
deps script, and it did not screw up my Gnome installation, and
courier-authlib-toaster and all the rest installed on my machine. The
only problem I ran into was that I already had Postfix installed and
configured, and had to remove it nodeps and then kill the user and
group for it, then create the user and group for vpopmail, so that
would build and install.