On Aug 14, 2006, at 6:03 PM, Jared Markell wrote:

I've been training spamassassin's Bayesian for awhile now using a crontab job. It "sa-learn"s usually 200 spams a day and usually some Ham we can let
it chew on.

But no matter how hard we try, spamassassin.. just.. well, sucks. Some
things are being marked as spam, but a LOT is not. Here are sample headers from one of the emails that was being marked as spam, and it tells me that Bayes is actually HELPING spam get through.. any ideas on how to fix this?
Is my Bayes library corrupt? How can I fix it?

another thought: configure one or more of the distributed spam checksum services (Razor2, Pyzor, DCC). i recently set up Razor2 according to the instructions here () and it seems to be working fine, imposing only a minimal load on my creaky server.

also, for Jake: have you seen this spam-training script?

http://www.ruwenzori.net/code/teach-sa/

it's a bit more complex than the sa-learn script you have on your site; however, it not only processes spam/ham into SA's Bayesian DB but also reports them back to Razor2/Pyzor/DCC, if they are configured on the system. i haven't had time to test it out yet, but it looks worthwhile; might it perhaps be a candidate for inclusion in a future Toaster release?

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v