Jake Vickers wrote:

Steve, in looking at what I was doing late last night, I did not specify the port for the telnet connection. It was my outbound firewall that was causing the no route to host. Apologize for this.
If email is working now, keep an eye on it. Are all of your clients set up to use the Exchange as the inbound/outbound server?

Apology is not necessary.  I appreciate the efforts by all.  It just concerned me because coincidently I had recent DNS problems.  To answer your question, yes, the clients are using Outlook and mail is routed through Microsoft Exchange 2000.  I also have just placed (in July) a new server running Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003.  I have moved several mailboxes to the new Exchange 2003 server including my account.  So all the clients email is relayed from qmail to either the old Exchange 2000 server or the new Exchange 2003 server.

Steve Ingraham