>>  do you know about Jake's backup script?
>>
>>  http://www.v2gnu.com/qmail/backup-restore.html
>>
>>  it may come in handy when migrating your config from one toaster to the
>>  other :)
>>
>>  -steve
>>
>>  ---
>
> I'd definitely use Jake's script. Moving queues can be tricky (unless
> they're empty!).

I'm aware of the queue-moving trickiness. I read through Jake's
scripts, but cannot find where it actually copies the queue. It does
backup /var/qmail/control/queue* but the queue files I will want to
copy are /var/qmail/queue, no?

Actually, when it comes time for me to move to the production server, I
was just going to rsync the following directories:

/var/qmail/alias
/var/qmail/control
/var/qmail/queue
/var/qmail/supervise
/var/qmail/users
/home/vpopmail
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*

Then run the queue_repair.py script. Any reason that shouldn't work?
Anything I'm missing?
Also copy the database across. I enjoy the following technique, called
from the destination server:
ssh -C [EMAIL PROTECTED] "mysqldump --databases -u $MYSQLUSER -p$MYSQLPASS
vpopmail" | mysql -u root;