I met with our xhtml/css guy today. We decided upon the following plan.
It's pretty obvious what needs to happen, but I thought I would run the
game plan past y'all since this work might end up in the qmailadmin rpm.

- Rebuild (most) everything as XHTML. (We will not be changing the list
tables -- "View email accounts", etc -- generated from the compiled C
code, which will end up being invalid XHTML 1.1, but oh well...)
- Build global navigation bar (see below for example) as part of
header.html.
- Add short HTML comments after all the ##x variables to show what
prints there.
- Make all link-names/functions/page-titles consistent.
(Add/Edit/Delete versus New/Modify/Delete, etc.)
- Rearranging items on the page to make it more intuitive.
- Add "help text" for most elements to describe what they do. (This
will be obviously not part of qmailadmin's localization system. It will
be hard-coded english text in the templates. For our purposes adding
help messages is essential, even if, annoyingly, they will still be
english if the page is viewed from a non-english browser. We'll avoid
100 support requests by simply explaining how this thing works. What is
a "Mail Robot" anyways???)
- Tag all elements with class=/id= names to make it easier to style
with CSS.
- Apply minimal CSS.

Global nav links will be this.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (edit) (delete)
Logout

Current site map is this. (And possible renamed titles.) Structure
can't change of course unless we hack the C. The scope of our rewrite
will be limited to the html templates.
home
    Email accounts (list) -> Accounts
        Set catchall email deleted (function)
        Set catchall email bounced (function)
        Set catchall email to account (form)
        Create email account (form) -> Add account
        Modify user (form) -> Edit
        Delete account (function with confirm) -> Delete
    Forward accounts/aliases (list) -> Aliases
        Add new forward (form) -> Add alias
        Modify forward (form) -> Edit
        Delete (function with confirm) -> Delete
    Mail robots (list)
        New mail robot (form) -> Add robot
        Modify (form) -> Edit
        Delete (function with confirm) -> Delete
    Mailing lists (list)
        Add mailing list (form)
        Modify (form) -> Edit
        Delete (function with confirm) -> Delete
            Show subscribers (list)
            Add subscriber (form)
            Delete subscriber (function with confirm)
            Show moderators
            Add moderator (form)
            Delete moderator (function with confirm)
    Refresh menu (???) -> Remove this?
    Logout
    Quicklinks (form)

If any other suggestions, send forth! Otherwise...I proceed.

Quinn