Eric (and all)

I did some brief research on DKIM. To start, from the FAQ:

        "Q: DKIM is claimed to be an upgrade of Yahoo's DomainKeys. What is
different and why should I upgrade?
    A: DKIM is the result of a multi-company effort to enhance DomainKeys for
broader adoption, better security, and more flexibility.
    NOTE: DKIM is upward compatible with existing DomainKeys DNS records, so
that a DKIM module does not automatically require additional DNS
administration!"
(Read the rest of the FAQ here: <http://mipassoc.org/dkim/info/dkim-faq.html>)

In other research, I found the following:

 - DKIM is a merger of Yahoo's Domain Keys and Cisco's IIM (Identified Internet
Mail).
 - DKIM is widely considered to be Domain Keys' successor.
 - DKIM is the subject of a new IETF Working Group intending to make it an IETF
standard.
 - DKIM is available as a Spamassassin plugin: "Mail::DKIM (from CPAN)
    If this module is installed, and you enable the DKIM plugin,
    SpamAssassin will perform Domain Keys Identified Mail lookups when
    DKIM information is present in the message headers."
        <http://search.cpan.org/src/DOS/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.6/INSTALL>

It seems worth exploring further as an addition to the Qmail Toaster. Some
questions I would like to answer first:

 - Does "upward compatible" mean that if we use DKIM we will automatically be
validated by Domain Keys servers?
 - Can we completely replace QT's Domain Keys implementation with DKIM?
 - Would it then be redundant to run Spamassassin's Mail::DomainKeys and
Mail::DKIM plug-ins simultaneously?
 - If the QT implementation of DKIM differs greatly from Domain Keys (key
generation scripts, file locations, etc) what is the migration path for users
who currently use QT with Domain Keys?
 - Should I start using Domain Keys for my domains, or wait and use DKIM?

Quinn