Hi,
I try to implement this service, and start a submission SMTP Server on port 587. The service start normally, but when I was testing I realise that the service accept any message, like port 25.

It’s supposed to just allow AUTH with TLS/SSL connections and nothing more.

I’ve analyse the patch qregex-starttls-2way-auth-20060305, and
qmail-tls-20060104 and I didn’t see any reference to FOCE_TLS and AUTH_REQUIRED.

I’ve see another patch that implement this from
http://qmail.jms1.net/smtp-service.shtml and a explanation on
http://qmail.jms1.net/tls-auth.shtml.

I have a problem with my dynamic ip clients. They sometimes get ip addresses
that are blacklisted by RBLSMTP.

I love RBLSMTP as it takes away a lot of the spam. It is working well.

I understand that it is not possible for RBLSMTP to be deactivated for
authenticated clients.

So the only solution is to have another qmail-smtp running on another port with
the RBLSMTP not activated. The submission SMTP Server port 587 is specified for
an RFC so that’s perfect form me.

Sérgio Costa

Erik Espinoza wrote:
Just ensure you stop qmail, extract the file, and restart qmail. If
you extract as root, this will put the correct perms/owners.

Erik