Well, if someone wants to use vqadmin, fixes the problem and contributes
the patches ...

But I don't use vqadmin, since it's pretty crappy. :-S

If you want to create a brand new domain use command line or scripts.
That's the only thing vqadmin could do for you, since all the rest
functionality is implemented in qmailadmin. (well, except showing plain
user password).

IMHO vqadmin is not worth it the time it costs.