On Nov 2, 2006, at 6:05 AM, Slawomir Rucinski wrote:

You're right.
That works for IP nubers in tcprules.

But small problem IP for backup MX can be changed by ikp(ipartners) without warn me.

that's annoying.  here are two possible solutions:

1) use a different backup MX provider; i've been very satisfied with http://rollernet.us.

2) write a script that runs `host <backup-mx-server>` and compares it to a previously saved value, then run it from a cron job and have it email you as soon as the address changes. if you're really brave, you could even have it automatically edit your tcprules file and restart qmail :)

personally, i like the first solution better.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v